A family owned residential property business that has spanned 78 years and four generations, Wakefields Real Estate is a professional and reliable company with years of experience and expertise. Rooted in KwaZulu-Natal it opened for business on September 3rd 1939 on the eve of World War 2.
No matter the property market conditions, Wakefields has the experience to advise both buyers and sellers on the best possible outcome. Its consistent support of buyers and sellers has seen it grow into the largest independent non-franchised real estate company in the province. It has 30 branches headed by hands-on managers, backed by 16 directors with over 436 years of collective experience.
Recognized as one of the most active real estate advertisers in the province, the company provides comprehensive local and national exposure on radio, newspapers, magazines and every successful property website to date.
Since 2003 the company has established itself as an expert in marketing developments. It has driven the successful selling of the Somerset Valley Retirement Estate, Le Domaine, the Pearls of Umhlanga, Cotswold Downs Golf Estate, Zimbali Coastal Estate, Hawaan Forest Estate, Eagle Ridge, Lakeview Lifestyle Village and One on Herwood, among many others.
For 14 consecutive years the company has been endorsed by the KwaZulu-Natal public who voted it number one for service excellence in the “Daily News Your Choice” reader competition.
To achieve this exceptional level of professionalism, the company invests substantial time and money in consultant training. It has established the Wakefields Training Academy that is accredited with Services Seta and the Estate Agency Affairs Board. The majority of Wakefield’s consultants have already attained the government required qualification - FET Certificate: Real Estate, with ongoing training ensuring that all consultants achieve this by the regulated deadlines.
"Our aim is to share with all our clients, both Sellers and Buyers, our expertise and experience in the field of residential real estate, and to provide a personal and caring service according to the highest ethics and professionalism."
THE #WAKEFIELDS WAY
- Established in 1939 on the eve of World War II!
- Largest independent non-franchised Real Estate Agency in KwaZulu-Natal giving you access to more buyers and sellers.
- Voted No.1 by consumers 14 times in a row by Daily News readers for outstanding service.
- Represented in KZN by more than 30 branches, headed up by hands-on managers, backed-up by directors, with 436 years of collective experience.
- Sells over 3000 homes annually worth in excess of R2.5 billion.
- Wakefields Training Academy, offers one of the most sought after real estate training programmes in the industry. The Academy conducts training in respect of the Further Education and Training Certificate: Real Estate for new agents and Recognition of Prior Learning for existing agents.
- Largest property advertiser in KwaZulu-Natal with on average 300 advertised show houses per week, offering a broad selection to buyers.
- Offers sellers comprehensive advertising across a wide range of media, including radio, newspapers, magazines and the internet, for maximum exposure of your home in KZN and nationally.
- Access to network of professional agents and extended client base through membership of Network Listings and Property Network.
- Wakefields Mortgage Partner, ooba is the country’s leading home facilitator, who will assist you with a home loan for your new home.
- Extensive experience in sales in major developments and retirement villages in addition to residential sales.